View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 07:25 PM   #13
Binary_Digit
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
It does work perfectly, I created the first class and it worked perfectly when I imported it.

Do you know if the X-Factor (20% of variance) applies to the class entered? Or is Volatility affecting the final product?

I created Dak Prescott as a Near Superstar and he went from 14/34 to 17/39 after his first TC and Pre-Season 2. For me that figure is quite far from Near Superstar , I just made a quick check, so I havenīt see him fully developed yet, I guess he will have a massive jump eventually, or maybe Volatility (43) played a factor?

Excellent, that's great to hear!

Regarding your questions, most of what I know along those lines came from the /datafile/csv.txt and /datafile/dcsv.txt files. That /datafile/ folder is where the game's .exe is, and I would encourage looking through them for the notes. Here are some applicable ones:

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv.txt (Roster)
Ratings in each category are on a 1-9 basis. These ratings are not exact. When a new career begins, Front Office Football uses the ratings in the player file only as a general guideline. Internal ratings are on a 0-1000 scale, and are partially determined by random chance. This adds to the replay value of the game, as you can not count on a player being a superstar or a dud in each new career.

There is an option, when starting a new game of Front Office Football, to be more exact when importing ratings. What this does is greatly lessen the variability of the ratings selected for individual categories. A "7" in a rating will always be better than a "6". Without that option selected, the "6" could be better than the "7" in some random instances.

Column V: The Overall Player Rating is the most important rating used. Because of the way Front Office Football begins new game, the player file shipped with the game actually rates players in very few categories, letting the Overall ratings carry over. You should be very careful when assigning overall ratings, as too much talent in the league can greatly alter how the game plays on the field, and how salaries are assigned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsv.txt (Draft Class)
Ratings in each category are on a 375-625 basis. These ratings are not exact. When a new career begins, Front Office Football uses the ratings in the draft file only as a general guideline. Internal ratings are on a 0-1000 scale, and are partially determined by random chance. This adds to the replay value of the game, as you can not count on a player being a superstar or a dud in each new career.

There is an option, when starting a new game of Front Office Football, to be more exact when importing ratings. What this does is greatly lessen the variability of the ratings selected for individual categories. A "550" in a rating will always be better than a "500". Without that option selected, the "500" could be better than the "550" in some random instances.
I'm pretty sure this "option when starting a new game" is the X-Factor, and since it's mentioned in both files I would say yes, X-Factor does apply to imported draft classes as well as rosters.

Here's the description of Volatility:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsv.txt (Draft Class)
Volatility Rating. From 0-100. This determines the likelihood that a player will suddenly get a lot better, or a lot worse. Players with a high volatility rating are much more likely to have sudden and drastic changes in ability.
So I suppose 43 volatility could explain what happened to your Dak. I think low intelligence can bring a QB's overall ratings down pretty hard too. I haven't done a whole lot of experimenting/testing yet to learn about the game, but those are my best guesses right now.
Binary_Digit is offline   Reply With Quote