View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 12:02 AM   #105
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'm still working on the internet thing. There is a company called Skywave I am trying to get signed up with, because Frontier offers BLAZING FAST 1 Mbps downloads here and they also suck about as bad as Comcast when it comes to customer service so they can go fuck themselves before I sign up with them. Hoping to find something out soon, then after that I should be able to play with no issues. Problem in a small town like this is that it seems like everyone moves as slow as a snail when it comes to taking business.

I called a paving company to get an estimate on paving the road leading to my driveway. Took them a week to finally come out and take a look at things.

I called 2 other paving companies and never got a call back from either of them despite several attempts to get that done.

I called a construction company to get an estimate on getting my crawlspace encapsulated. It took them about 4 or 5 calls and over a week to finally come out and take a look, then they wouldn't provide me a written estimate, losing them thousands in potential business. I'll be going with a more reputable company instead, they will be out on the 28th to give me an estimate on that.

I guess I am just not used to how small towns operate, because literally everyone here seems almost averse to accepting new business.

Also, another weird as fuck thing about this town is that ALL the restaurants close on Tuesdays. WTF kind of secret small town society is going on here?

Anyway, I will update when I know something, I just haven't yet because I am waiting on Skywave to find out whether I have line of sight to one of their towers. I think I do, but they have to come out and check first. If I get that, I can get minimum 25 Mbps down and probably a good deal more than that on a more expensive package.

My fingers are crossed, my nerves are frayed, and I am enjoying life as a homeowner, hahaha...

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 08-23-2018 at 12:05 AM.
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote