View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #459
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Oct 19, 2013 (afternoon)
Blyth at Taunton, FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round

We're 1:4 favorites today, in spite of being on the road at the minnow. They shouldn't be able to give us too much trouble, although if our players are overconfident then I'm sure we'll capable of stinking up the joint royally. 4-4-2 Diamond Attacking to open, let's try to put this away early even if we're using a mixed lineup of regulars & reserves. If we run into trouble there's help on the bench, hopefully we won't need it.

GK: Dovey
D: Holden, Paul, Seidu, Groves
MF: Higgins, Bembo-Leta, Paratore, Morrison
F: Mutero, Clarke-Harris
Available Subs: (Slaughter, Whitaker, Cofie, Williams, Sawyer, Davies, Gonzalez)

26' - A low ball through to Evans who has a step on Seidu ... that's a goal (0-1)
42' - Unmarked cross to the box, a sliding goal (0-2)

Halftime: This would be un fricking belivable if it weren't so predictable. Playing scared against a team that probably couldn't beat our U18s. I make it clear that their pride is at stake. They seem motivated at this point, just not sure that they've got the stomach for the necessary comeback.

57' - Sub Cofie (for Clarke-Harris 5.8), Sub Davies (for Bembo-Leta 6.3 tiring)
63' - Cross from the right side sails through two defenders, easy goal (0-3)
64' - Switch to Overload
72' - Mutero long ball to Cofie ... scores one on one (1-3)
77' - Sub Sawyer (for Morrison)
81' - We'll be a man short for the rest of the match as Seidu has to leave with an injury
89' - 3 mins of added time
92:45 - Davies puts home a too little too late goal off a nice long pass by Holden

Fulltime: Taunton 3 - Blyth 2
I have no words, but I find a few anyway. I'll be lucky if burned in effigy is all I get. I get in several faces, including Dovey and Groves, both of whom stunk up the joint, as did Clarke-Harris. Quite a few of these sorry bastards are lucky there are laws against what I'd like to do to them.

Oct 19, 2013 (postmatch)
I make it clear in the press conference that I don't believe the referees were to blame for the outcome, that I'm extremely disappointed and that there will be changes made after this debacle.

Seidu will miss three weeks with a twisted knee.