View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 03:47 AM   #99
Izulde
Head Coach

My first President Infinity win (I usually play until the primaries, but this time decided to go ahead. Last full game since Howard Baker).

A tip from one of the forum members to pressure candidates to endorse me once they showed signs of slipping stopped the second place candidate endorsements, and I won the nomination easily once that started happening.

Clinton looked like she was going to lose the nomination at one point - that's how badly things were going for her, but she stabilized once candidates started dropping out and endorsing her.

There was never a serious chance of Cruz losing the electoral college, even though a couple times early in the campaign the popular vote was a virtual tie. Nevada and Wisconsin were two of the most back and forth states, ironically.

On election night, though, it was Ohio that kept flipping the most, but we won that and even managed to steal Michigan, thanks to the UAW's endorsement. Our closest loss was North Carolina - 45,000 votes and a 1% difference. Otherwise, Cruz pretty much, well... cruised.

Tickets were Cruz/Fiorina and Clinton/O'Malley. I'm not sure why Clinton chose O'Malley. Fiorina on my part was a ploy to try and siphon some of the female vote from Clinton, and try for a somewhat more moderate Republican to balance Cruz's Tea Party craziness.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote