View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 06:01 PM   #389
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Wed. July 12, 2023

Preseason Friendly
Dover vs. FC Bayern (Germany Bundesliga)
Crabble Athletic Ground, Dover, UK

This is our first ever meeting against Bayern Munich, a perennial German powerhouse. They are 30 time Bundesliga champions and have lifted that title 8 times in the last 11 years. That said, they were runners up last year to Hoffenheim. They’ve already spent £37 million this month on two players: Everton, a 25 year old midfielder from Cruzeiro cost £15.5 million and Lamine Thiam, a big 28 year old striker from CSKA Moscow cost £21.5 million.

We’ll go with a pretty strong lineup at home today, with Shanon Andrea and Chiquinho seeing their first preseason action of the year up front. Ingo Wilke will patrol the net again, as Manuel Perez is with Mexico on international duty.

Dover: 4-4-2 Control
GK - I. Wilke
D - R. Gaucho, C. Contreras, R. Hamon, Rafinha
M - H. Cruz, N. Cairney, R. Ramirez, G. Allan
S - S. Andrea, Chiquinho

Dover 1 - 2 FC Bayern
Goals - Shanon Andrea (7.2)
Assists - Helder Cruz (6.9)
Man of the Match - Capixaba (FC Bayern ST - 7.6)
Other Dover Notables - Neil Cairney (5.9)
Attendance - 17,424

We put up a bit of a stinker in front of a pretty nice preseason crowd of over 17,000 supporters. We did have a significant possession edge (56%) and outshot them 19-10 (4-8 on target). Too many missed shots and they were pretty clinical on theirs. Neil Cairney with a poor rating, as he missed on five of six shots.

International Update

-- One of my U18 players, GK Steven Potter, is called up to England’s U19 team. Good for him.

Transfer CANCELLED

-- I have a £3.1 million transfer ready to go through for very promising 17 year old DC Adrian Torres but my board cancel the deal because Torres, currently out with a broken foot, fails his medical. Well, OF COURSE he did! He has a broken bloody foot! Still, let me have the kid! Maybe I’ll try again next month when he’s healthy.

Next Up

-- Our preseason foreign tour begins, as we fly to Brazil to face Santos FC.

Last edited by NoSkillz : 05-17-2014 at 06:02 PM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote