View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 10:30 AM   #181
hoopsguy
General Manager

Injuries:

QB - our trainer is recommending a rest for both QBs. I think I'm going to take my chances with Edwards, who is a little sturdier than Burford. I don't want Burford playing while hurt as he is almost a sure bet to reaggrevate an injury.

DT Burford remains out and not close to a return.

Roster Management:
OT Anthony Archie, a redshirt freshman with talent, isn't happy with his playing time as a 3rd stringer and I don't really blame him. With a suspension at OG I think we have to give Archie some minutes at this spot. He is the backup OG for both spots and may move into a starter role next week. Lets see if this placates him.

WR Bill Stablein isn't happy with being our 4th receiver. The problem is that the other guys on the roster are better than him and he has been banged up. If Voight or Jackson had been bad I would make a move, but both have done their jobs well and are younger than Bill. No more for now.

ILB Bryant Bruschi - if MLB Scott Wilson stays eligible, then this is going to continue to be an issue. I'm not sure what to do, as Bryant is showing up as higher rated than Jerry McCullough but the coordinator wants Jerry (JR, 3 year starter) in the lineup. Bruschi is a soph, so do we risk pissing him off to keep Jerry in the lineup? I'll defer until next round of grades.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote