View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 09:05 PM   #354
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I don't think we need to adopt any kind of a hard-and-fast rule prior to putting people in jail.

Ultimately, the King gets to make decisions on how to proceed with the people in jail. He can either hope his 20% scan comes into play and let them live or he can gas them. Pretty simple, and it is his call every day.

Meanwhile, I think that if there is not a person in jail and we don't have a clear lynch, or a 1:1 trade option available, then we stick someone in the jail and let the king decide how to proceed. Part of voting someone in as king is giving them some license to make decisions. And then we get to second guess them when they are wrong

Well... Yes, mechanically, it is the King's decision on what to do with the person/people in jail. But I think that without any evidence, it would be foolish for the king to kill someone just because he/she was in jail (I know,somewhat self-serving here, but the logic holds, I think). Because given enough time (on average 2-3 days), the aura of the jailed people will be identified. It makes no sense to kill the jailed people "just because."

I think as far as the numbers game is concerned, it makes sense to keep jailed people alive, the seer to scan people outside of the jail, and for the bodyguard to occasionally guard the jail alternating with guarding non-jail people of perceived importance. I think that is the way to mathematically maximize our chance of winning.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote