View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #158
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Swim Atlanta Time Trials @ Cumming Aquatic Center

Bailey did very poorly at her time trials. In fact, with the exception of Fly she added about 2 full seconds to every stroke, and in my opinion the only reason she didn't in fly is because Reese was right next to her and she didn't want to lose. The poor performance was alarming and concerning, and as I expected at the time - directly related to her shoulder injury. Initially the conversations about the shoulder indicated that it as causing discomfort, but after the meet we learned that following the 100 free Bailey went to the bathroom and cried because the shoulder hurt so bad. She also admitted that it was painful in all of her strokes, had been hurting at practice for weeks, and got as high as a 8 on a scale of 10.

Her swimming has now been completely shut down. She will not return to the pool until the shoulder is better, and once she returns she will be under restrictions to come back slowly in freestyle and to clean up the stroke. This is a problem for Bailey because Swim Atlanta isn't good at stroke mechanics in their lower levels, so I'm not sure who is going to work with her to clean it up, and the older level teams won't allow her to go slow enough to clean it up. We have asked both her SA coach and the Chattahoochee Gold coach how they think we should handle it. I'll let you know what they say...
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote