View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 05:13 PM   #9
BYU 14
Coordinator

June hits and Gamma is in full on raid mode. We lose Ronnie Allen Teller and Chaz Babish, who I did not try and retain. Next they turn their attention to LHW Champion Rupert Dreck, Brody Howles, Wesley Sneep, Russell McPhee, Sly Twinge, Mort Slingsby, Titus Mostel and Edward Zahn.

I have to pick my battles here and I am able to retain Dreck, Twinge, Howles, Slingsby and Mostel, all at handsome raises. I lost the bidding war for McPhee who fights for the HW title this month and as it’s too late to replace him I have to hope for a Sylvester Collins victory. I don’t try and retain Sneeps or Zahn and they sign with Gamma. It is pretty clear they are intent on stealing my best talent or driving me to bankruptcy by inciting bidding wars, wankers!

Billy Russell is hurt the day before ECW 3: Spring Break, but will still fight with a cracked rib. We enter the show, which will be held in Colorado for the first time, with $406,063 in the coffers and I expect to lose another 25-35 K on the card, but it’s all part of the growth process.

Collins is a -350 / +270 favorite over McPhee and I really need him to come through so we don’t look foolish having our Champion jump to Gamma after winning the belt.

ECW 3: Spring Break- June 30th, 2001 - Colorado
Main Event - ECW Heavyweight Title
HWSylvester Collins 7-0vsRussell McPhee 19-7
Collins game plan is evident from the get go as he has not interest in trading at range with the kick boxer and as a result most of the first two rounds are spent with Collins pressing McPhee up against the cage, as both men engage in dirty boxing, with Collins also landing a pair of nice knees.In the 3rd round Collins is able to get waist control and slams McPhee, taking his back and going for a rear naked choke.McPhee blocks the submission, but can't shake the hooks and Collins pounds away, with McPhee eventually going limp at the 2:33 mark, Collins is the champ!!
Sylvester Collins beats Russell McPhee by KO (punches) in 2:33 of round 3 (Average)
Undercard
MWBill Brown 5-0 beats Nigel Malley 23-15 by submission (rear naked choke) in 1:32 of round 1 (Good)
HWSly Twinge 8-0 beats Gareth Grundy 10-5 by unanimous decision 30-27, 30-27, 30-27 (Poor)
MWBilly Russell 6-0 beats Mateo Jane 5-4 by submission (guillotine) in 1:40 of rd 2 (Great)
MWEsteban Vega 7-0 beats Bradley Dixon 20-12 by submission (rear naked choke) in 3:47 of rd 1 (Great)
Preliminarys
Dean Capers beat Tobias Goulet, Cal Hillson beat Jasper Osmond, Deverill Butt beat Bronson Berle
Att: 537Gate: $42,692Rating: Critical 72, Commercial 41, Popularity +3.4
Fight of the night - Russell/Jane, KO of the night - Collins, Submission of the night - Brown
Wrap up
Sylvester Collins spares us the indignity of having McPhee take our belt as he leaves to a bigger promotion, while Gamma gets a fighter a loss in a 'lower' organization!Despite the first 2 rounds spent mostly in close, Collins still manage to land 188 strikes over the three rounds, in a solid performance.Sly Twinge calls out Damien Jones in his post fight interview, which might not be a good idea the way he performed tonight, while Nigel Malley announces he will retire from MMA after being destroyed by Brown.Attendance continues to rise, though we took a slight hit at the gate due to the market size and we lose $28,096 on the show.Cal Hilson suffers a minor hand injury
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote