View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 08:38 PM   #844
tarcone
Coordinator

Tomorrow is probably the end of my daughters basketball career. District tourney game at 4:30. Team has been playing terribly lately. My daughter is the focal point of every teams defense. She sees double teams and triple tea,s and box and 1s.

No one is stepping up and carrying the load. Our offense is stagnant.

This is the end. I am literally crying about this. I am very emotional. I knew she would be a good BB player. Even in her early days. I spent so much time and effort in helping her become the best player possible. And she has averaged a double-double as a senior.

I also have invested much time in her as a scholar and she is going to one of the best engineering school sin the country to study engineering.

But god damn it. I love sports. MY dream was to go to a college stadium and watch my kid play. That did not materialize. That is okay. I have come to terms with that.

But I am really sad that this is the last time I will see my daughter play basketball. EVER.

Im in tears as I write this. I really need a release. Maybe this is it.

It has been a journey of about 12 years of me coaching her and directing her career and finding her teams and going to practices an hour away and tourneys 8 hours away and etc. stc.

I love watching her play. My all time favorite past time. And now its over.

Such a hard time.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote