View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 01:27 PM   #2754
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I would 100% be all out on minor league Football. College Football is my favorite sport and I record every game during the season. With the majority I watch the key plays as I do cardio during the week, which a a really cool feature of Youtube TV, but I also watch 3-6 complete games each weekend depending on what we have going on.

The NCAA sucks, but the crowds, traditions, rivalries and variety of College Football is better than any sport out there IMO.

I have zero desire to see a bunch of generic minor league teams run NFL cookie cutter offenses at a lower level of execution. I want to switch from BYU's west coast offense, to the service academies running the ball down peoples throats, to Mike Leach's wide open Hal Mumme scheme. The upsets, storylines, pageantry and excitement that make College Football what it is will be non-existent under a minor league format.
And that seems to be the general consensus. To me, I think it is time just like the D-league in the NBA. There needs to be another source for talent to continue to refine their game, as well as an alternative to those kids who don't fit in a college setting. You don't need a degree to rush a quarterback, or find the hole to run the ball. Just the small time that the NFL Europe existed it sourced some pretty important NFL talent, including HOF'er Kurt Warner. Something like that would never compete with college football, especially now that the NIL is a thing. It would have the potential to develop more quality players, and give guys a chance to extend their pro careers.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote