View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 05:22 AM   #654
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
No strong reason to vote brit, just would like to see him more engaged, if his work allows.

Is there merit in trying to suss out which roles a wolf captain or villager captain might go towards? For me, Larry Dallas stands out as one I'd really like to have as a wolf to have a chance to short-circuit the seer / BG / role that follows someone else, or at least hit a village role with a 100% guarantee whereas if they were on the village side, it would be of much less use, except maybe late in the game. A wolf captain might've wanted to deny the village a helpful role like Les Nessman also (that one would probably be high on both lists). And some of the roles have very unclear abilities, so this may not be so useful.

For the village captain out there, I'm on your side, you might want to consider what other roles you had higher than mine on your priority list as a possible bit of info whether they are good or not. Without giving yourself away of course.

I'll try and pop on over lunch, it's going to be another long day for me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
My thoughts on the roles...

Larry Dallas - Typical role blocker. Probably not a high priority for wolves.

Terri Alden I'm presuming from the coloring is neutral, did EF say the neutral got to draft anyone? Could kill a wolf, so good to keep around if we can.

So Burns can scan but not reveal his scans, is that everyone's take? But can make a one-time kill. So we want to keep him alive long enough to find a wolf. Or a supposed one, since his scan isn't 100%

Natalie - I assume the night kill is her special move.

Skippy - Adds to the unreliability of scans, meaning we need to focus on other intelligence.

Klink - Might be a high target for both teams to draft.

Nessman - Not clear how much detail Les gets from following someone. Typically would just be that they had a night action. Again, an unreliable one, so not too much use.

Roz - Some type of bodyguard, high priority draft for either side really, but more likely villagers.

Harper - completely mystery. Probably not a wolf priority.

Potsie Weber seems worrisome, maybe a vigilante, with a one-time kill? Someone the wolves might try to draft.

Both Screech and Bud say "always trying to fit in", which seems important somehow. Another role blocker? But unreliable.

Not sure what Bud's writeup would mean. Unfortunately, since I was hoping we'd find a role we could use to confirm allegiance somehow.

Wayne Arnold - moves a vote I assume?

Mel Sharples - probably a duke role

Murdock - Again the phrase "loyal". Does this mean that we have a conversion mechanic at play?

If I had to guess what the wolves might have prioritized, I'd say Klink, Potsie, Mel and Wayne. In a small game controlling even one vote could be a game changer, as would an extra kill, and knowing roles would be very helpful for the wolves. Though thinking on the second level, captain might have mixed it up to throw us off the path. How many wolves do we think? Two or three? If there's a possibility of conversion, which I think is likely, probably just two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Okay. Role analysis (asterisks for roles with apparent night actions):

Larry Dallas* - role-blocker; probably town
Terri Alden* - neutral booby-trap (I've forgotten all the WW role jargon); what's her WC?
Major Burns* - flawed seer with a one-time NK; Good captain
Natalie Green* - (brutal?) wolf with NK; Bad captain
Skippy Handelman - scan-wrecker; more valuable as Bad?
Colonel Klink - role-learner, which seems alignment-neutral
Les Nessman* - flawed spy; leans Good, IMO
Roz Russell* - BG of some kind
Vinton Harper - village idiot?
Potsie Weber - hunter? another neutral role???
Screech Powers* - action-frustrater; leans Bad
Bud Bundy - another neutral role???
Wayne Arnold* - action-redirecter, cunning?; leans Bad
Mel Sharples - mayor? alpha wolf?
Jeffrey Murdock - ?

Extra ???s for possible neutrals because I really think there's only one.

...Man, I forgot how vague some of these were.

I also find this interesting, after Autumn came up as Larry Dallas and wolf.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote