View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 09:55 AM   #487
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Got one game ... Should have been more, definitely.

The Rockets HC Adelmann complained about the schedule the upcoming weeks and quite frankly has a point. 4 sets of back-to-backs in a row. And around christmas they play in LA on the 22nd, in Orlando on the 23rd. Then on the 26th they play in New Jersey ...
The NBA should just quit playing 23rd-27th. Maybe put on some local rivalry games with not-so-long distances for the visiting team for national TV (maybe like any Dallas-Houston-San Antonio / Clippers-Lakers / Orlando-Miami) , but not sth as ridiculous as flying across the country basically on the 24th and then head back east on the 26th...

McGrady gave his season debut yesterday night, playing 7 minutes in the first quarter, and will be brought along slowly. Glad he´s made it back, now we´ll have to see how this thing develops.

Portland now is starting Miller again (with Blake coming off the bench) and by now i am starting to question that move as well. He´s terribly underutilized and Roy hasn´t adjusted at all, i´m incredibly disapointed by Roy´s lacking willngness to play off the ball more ...
Bayless has been a bright spot this month.

btw just a stat i find amazing : Gerald Wallace still averages 12 rebounds per game (now 23 games into the year) , his FG percentage picked up as well.

The scheduling of the league has always been bizzare. Rockets have 22 back to backs this year, Nuggets have 21. Lakers have 19.

The Nuggets actually played 4 back to backs with a single game against Memphis sandwiched around them to start the year. In fact, of the Nuggets first 15 games, they had 6 sets of back to backs. By the way, they don't play IN LA on the 22nd, the play the Clippers in Houston before going to Orlando.

The sets of back to backs go like this:

Home vs. Detroit, @Denver

1 day off

@Dallas, home vs. OKC (4th in 5 nights, but at least it's at home for the final tilt and Dallas isn't exactly a long road trip)

2 days off

Home vs. Clippers, @Orlando

3 days off

@NJ, @Cleveland

The problem, and where I agree with Adlemen is to do this around the holidays. If this were a February schedule, you just stay in NJ for a few days. You can't do that with Christmas in the mix and that causes more air travel.

As for the rest of it? It sucks, but that's the league.

As for Roy, I don't think he CAN play off the ball. His game is suited for dominating it. the Blazers knew this when they gave him the max, then signed a ball dominating PG to play with him. I didn't get it then and still don't, even if the goal was just to trade Dre.

I'm VERY interested to see how the Blazers play during this next 6 game stretch. Actually the stretch of games I've waited all season for them to have. Phoenix, @Orlando, @Miami, @Dallas, @SA, Denver. The Blazers have 4 wins against +.500 teams this year. 2 vs. Houston (both at home), SA (at home) and @OKC. Now they play 6 straight against +.500 teams, including 4 of the top teams in basketball.

I'm very interested to see how they perform. (FYI, Denver has played an easy ass schedule thus far and has 7 wins against +.500 teams, including the Lakers, Jazz, Blazers, Suns (3 of the 4 at home)
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote