View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Season 26 (1863) Off-season thread

Rather than try to go through each team's arbitration cases, I just let it run. To offset the increase payroll situation by each team, for this season only, the cap increases to $200 million. Effectively, we're "uncapped" but I don't expect it to result in won-ton spending outside of wacky one-year deals because all deals are still fully guaranteed.

I just don't want to have to check the cap for teams and figure out who had lots of arby versus teams with little to none. By just doubling the cap, it offsets whatever "advantages" there were, the problem is neutralized and next year, we'll go back to $100m.

Free agency is now granted after eight years for ML players and moved to 4 years for minor league free agents under the guise that a guy shouldn't have to toil for ages to get a chance at playing for a team he can help.

Game date is Jan. 19th, but no free agents were able to sign so it'll be no different than normal, I just wanted to get to the pre-season so we'd get the arbitration thing turned off once and for all.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 11-16-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote