View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 12:50 AM   #702
Radii
Head Coach

Offseason Recruiting

So if you remember we're already filled a full normal class that is practically fab 5 level. 5 four star players, the worst rated #69 in the nation. A PG, SG, SF, and two PF's. #27 overall SG, #35 OVR PG, and 3 guys in the 60s.

But we're not done, we have 3 more scholarships. We have two returning players that saw legit time on the floor, they are both big men. So we will be focusing on our backcourt.

We have 3 offers out currently:

5* JC SO - SG - JS Moye - I'm liking the idea of a JC player or three to give us some balance so we don't just bring in 8 more freshmen and continue this horrid cycle. Moye is at 100% and will likely sign with us over Arizona State and BYU. He's from Vegas.

5* PG John Mohammad - #23 OVR/#12 PG - HS All American - Syracuse has an offer out and appears to be at 100%. We're only at 98%. So we expect to lose out.

5* PG Damien Forte - #21 OVR/#10 PG - West Virginia or Syracuse can still swoop in but they have their eyes elsewhere. We've only got him at 92%, but if no one else steals him we can probably land him in the first week.

I have one legit backup target:

4* JC SO - SG - Dominick Hart - We have him at 96%. Va Tech and Xavier are also in the mix. He has no offers yet though so if I want I can probably go get him in the first week as well.

I have a number of other 3* targets that I may or may not try to get.

Initial Signing Day

5* JC SG J.S. Moye signs with FLORIDA STATE.

5* PG John Mohammed signs with Syracuse.

I've earned a coaching skill point for landing my first 5* recruit.

So we stil have a 5* PG that we have an offer out to and a reasonable expectation to land.

I *probably* should go after another JC player for my last scholarship but the top 3* guys rated in the early 100's often turn out really well... I make an offer to #115 OVR PG Pearson McClurkin out of Jacksonville, FL. We had him at 97% and should land him easily.

Week 1

5* PG Damien Forte signs with FLORIDA STATE

3* PG Pearson McClurkin signs with FLORIDA STATE

So there you have it. We have an incoming recruiting class with 2 5* players, 5 4* players and one of the top tier 3* players in the nation.

5* SG JS Moye - JC SO - Las Vegas

There's just so many players to cover I'll go over the main highlights... A- speed, B- def/B+ steals. B+ close/C+ med/B- 3/B- off the dribble. B+ potential.

5* PG Damien Forte - #21 OVR/#10 PG - Toronto

C handling/B+ passing. C+ def/B steals. B+ close/C+ med/C 3/A- off the dribble. A- potential.

4* SG Ike Barrett - #27 OVR/#10 SG - Miami Beach, FL

B speed/B- quickness, B+ def/B- steals. B close/C+ med/C- 3. B- o awareness/B- D awareness.

4* PG Damion Alloway - #35 OVR/#19 PG - Jacksonville, FL

B+ speed. C+ Def/C+ steals. C+ hands/B passing. B+ close/C- med/C+ 3/A- off the dribble.

4* PF Brice Sanders - #63 OVR/#6 PF - Fort Myers, FL - 6'10"

C+ orb/C+ dbr. C blocks. C+ post off/B post def. B- close/A- Med/C in traffic. B+ dunk/A- vert.

4* PF Otis Sneed - #64 OVR/#7 PF - Mobile, AL - 6'8"

C+ orb/C+ drb. C+ blk. B- post off/B post def. B close/B+ med/B 3/B in traffic. A-vert/Bstr/B- hustle.

4* SF Kueth Ozier - #69 OVR/#13 SF - Houston, TX

B speed/C- quickness. C close/B+ med/C 3. B+ str. Good awareness, good inside play for a SF(B's for post offense/defense/defensive rebounding). Not sure what to expect here.

3* PG Pearson McClurkin - #115 OVR/#50 PG - Jacksonville, FL

We didn't scout him fully... B close/C+ med/C 3/B+ off the dribble. No idea on his defense.

So we get one JC player, and McClurkin can hopefully be redshirted just to balance out things a bit. That would get us down to 6 players in the class that come in as freshman. Maybe we cut someone along the way or maybe we have one more insane recruiting season in 4 years and that fixes everything.

Whew...
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote