View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 12:02 AM   #718
Radii
Head Coach

I resist the impulse to sim our last game before the early signing period starts, and I assure you this is a tough impulse to resist... but we'll be simming our next few games after this and its actually a good road matchup for us so I want to play this one.

November 27, 2019

Florida State (2-2) at Ohio State (3-1)

Ohio State is down quite a bit, rated 81 OVR (79 off/83 def/81 sht/84 reb/95 coach). Thad Matta just picked up his 400th win but seems to have a weak team this year.

Speaking of total wins, I am 249-130 right now, so if I could pull this off it'd be win #250.

Scouting

PG Raymond Koundjia – SR – 75 OVR – good defense (86), average handler/passer. Above average speed but poor quickness. 82 close/72 med/62 3. 8 ppg this year so far.

SG Berry Chapman – JR – 73 OVR – 88 speed/86 quickness, their fastest player for sure. 85 close/79 med/68 3. 79 defense is terrible, 79 steals is pretty good though. 7 ppg so far this year.

SF Spencer Brady – JR – 73 OVR – 6'7” natural SF. He's... meh. B rated speed, defense, steals, C ratings all over the place for shooting. Not a great athlete. 7.8 ppg, he has some size and that's about all I can say for him as a SF.

PF Reyshawn White – FR – 75 OVR – 6'10” natural PF. 78 orb/77 drb. 79 post off/74 post def. 91 close/84 in traffic. Definitely an offensive minded player, 9 points/6 boards early this year so far.

C Len Taylor – SO – 70 OVR – 6'8” P. 78 orb/81 drb. 70 post off/72 post def. 80 close/87 in traffic. He has good potential and will turn into one of their better players but he's not there. 2.3 ppg so far.

Ohio State has 9 players rated between 70 and 75. I'm surprised how much a highly rated coach like Thad Matta is struggling here.

They have a backup guard, Ellis Wilson, who is rated 79 from 3 and is their best overall shooter. They don't have another 3 point threat and look really weak overall. If we were at home I'd assume we'd blow them out but on the road... who knows.

Half
Time
FSU
OSU
Notes
12:45
Defense... not playing it. Their SF Brady, 69 rated 3 point shooter after confidence boosts, is 2-2 from 3 and has 8 points. Backups are in for us.
6:15
Still not playing defense. Starters are back in, trying to get a few stops here and there.

HALF
We hit a 3 but it was just after time expired in the half... going in trailing by 5. They get 12 from SF Brady and 6 from their PF and C, White and Taylor. White isn't a surprise, Taylor is though. They're shooting just way too well.. 16-28, even with 3-10 from 3. 13-18 inside the arc.

We are just 11-27 but have drawn 9 fouls and are 14-15 from the line. Moye leads us with 9 points, Forte and Sneed each have 6. Sneed had a rough half, 2-7 from the field. Forte I was able to get a couple drives to the hoop, which he's not bad at if I can catch him just right.
15:15
I get a timeout to rest my starters a bit so I don't have to pull them right now, and to try to get some momentum shifting. Ohio State isn't playing well we just aren't able to take advantage of anything...
11:30
Have I mentioned that its going to be a long season? I get a timeout, my 3rd of the half(had to call one to avoid a held ball earlier) and get the backups in.

Heh this is the first time I quick sim a game and it almost ends up the other way. At the 9 minute mark we fall behind by 22 and I'm just not getting anything to work, it feels totally hopeless, so I say screw it and sim ahead... and we lose by 4 in OT. Whoops!

Ohio State 88
Florida State 84

Forte: 10 points
Moye: 18 points
Ozier: 3 points
Sneed: 12 points/5 boards
Locklier: 6 points

McClurkin: 10 points
Alloway: 8 points
Sanders: 8 points

I don't see how we possibly came back... it was a slow nasty stretch where we were struggling to get a shot off, they might take all 30 seconds to score, or we'd go a couple possessions with no one scoring then they'd run off 4 straight... but the big theme was we were not scoring at all. It was 69-47 when I simmed it out. Owell!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote