View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #738
Radii
Head Coach

FSU has 3 games left. We'll be playing the next two, vs Miami and vs Wake Forest. We'll sim our final game at Maryland.

A quick look at the standings going into the final two weeks of the year:

1. Boston College 11-1
2. NC State 11-2
3. Virginia Tech 9-3
4. Clemson 9-4
5. Maryland 8-4
6. Duke 7-5
7. Wake Forest 5-7
8. North Carolina 4-9
9. Florida State 4-9
10. Georgia Tech 3-10
11. Miami 3-10
12. Virginia 1-11

We could mathematically still finish anywhere from 7th to 12th. With our awful 8-16 overall record we'll lose tiebreakers to anyone in the league. If we can beat Miami in our next game we'll have basically accomplished my goals for the year... sweep miami and UVA and steal a couple other home games in conference play.

I can't wait to see this team develop over the offseason and trot out a bunch of players with a full year under their belt next year. I don't think we're going to win the ACC next year but this season has just been hopeless... next year we should be back in NCAA Tournament contention.

And one final quick note, this is the last week for in season recruiting. I'm not offering my last scholarship this year, I'll hold onto it and be able to land two guys next season. I have 8 junior targets that I've been working on. I'm not going to have any guarantees going into next season but with any luck I'll be in contention for a couple 5* recruits. There are a few quality SF targets I'm looking at, and a few guards who could potentially be defensive stoppers.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote