View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 04:25 PM   #400
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

It’s even more uncomfortable for Law down here.

There is a long corridor at the base of the stairs. Is stretches out long down a wave and ends with statue at a wall. There are doors to the right and left, and then four doorways with statues in front of them.

The first door to the left opens to reveal a sprouting gout of lava and flame. Again an inspection reveals this to be illusionary. Nothing else is here.

The door on the right opens to a strange buzzing sound

There is a ancient and wrinkled old man sitting at a desk of black wood, writing, with a variety of books to the table nearby. Light is provide by fire beetles crawling about. Hundreds of insects are crawling about the room as well. Many tomes and papers are scattered on the floor. There is a large barrel next to him, with a tube connected to it, and that tube feeds ink to a quill in the man’s hand. Sometimes the man pops a random insect into his mouth to eat, mindlessly and continues to write.

The star reveals that everything in the room, other than the man, is magical.

He looks up after a few minutes, and looks a bit startled.

“So long so long since I have had visitors! Too few nowadays seek to consult the wise and almost do I forget when the last one came. But allow me to recover with manners. I am Asaru, Keeper of the Hall, Who are you, and what do you seek?”

Asaru is very happy to talk with Alzar, again, few visitors here. Alzar asks him about his writing:

“Things! I write of things. Marvelous things. Hideous things. Unsettling things. Things that no one has ever known or wished to know. I write of futures and of pasts, of whens and wheres and nows. Things unseen and unheard and unimagined, this is what I write.:”

He shows Alzar a book from the desk he penned called “In Praise of Holy Chaos.” Other works include, The Blood Wars, an Unbiased Account; 101 Things to do with a Dead Adventurer; Paladins and Other Trifles; Law is Good For? Nothing!; and more.

Alzar grabs one that is proffered to him. The runes are shifting and he cannot make them out. At least not right now.

Asaru is clearly either not all there, or fully chaotic.

Alzar asks him about the shrine, but his information is out of date, and eventually, he demands that Alzar leave. So he does. Alzar can always return if he wants.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote