View Single Post
Old 02-13-2023, 09:38 PM   #5
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
So is this more like you drafted "future politicians", i.e. those with an interest in (and future in) politics as opposed to acquiring, say, first-term representatives and such?

That's how I like to look at it. Think of it like the baseball draft. Most players go through the minors for a while before making the show. These career tracks are like the minor leagues. For example, think of someone on the legislative track as a representative at the state level.

In my case, I struggled with what to do with Stevenson. He's one of my better guys right off the bat even without upgrades, so I had to decide if I wanted to use a solid politician right now, or send him to a career track and possibly make an absolute powerhouse.

In the end, here is who I sent to career tracks:
John W Bonner - Private sector (catch all track)
Maxwell D Taylor - Military sector (future general, or military official)
Brien McMahon - Judicial track (future supreme court, but could be congressman)
James T Blair Jr. - Governing track (future governor)
Adlai Stevenson - Legislative track (future congressman)
Charles L Terry - Administrative track (future cabinet member)
Edith Sampson - Backroom track (unusual track, think kingmakers)

Blair was the governor of Missouri in real life, so that seems like the right track for him. I decided to put Stevenson on the legislative track. He's the type of guy who could do anything, but this seems the right spot for him. Bonner is a jack of all trades guy, and the private sector gives improvements all over the place, so I'll have to wait and see how he turns out. Sampson was an interesting one for me. She's a black woman, so the chances of her getting elected to anything in this era are unlikely. By getting her into backroom politics, I'm hoping she'll be able to exert influence indirectly for me.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote