View Single Post
Old 12-12-2021, 04:50 PM   #1834
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
It’s a weird year to tank though… lots of non traditional positions inside the top 10, not a single can’t miss QB. Unless you really love one of Hutchinson or Thibodeaux, the incentive really isn’t there. I think it’s more likely that there are just 3 franchises that are absolute shitshows and Meyer will be gone, but I’d imagine there’s also some financial impact to canning him after the season vs during (or they are hoping given enough time he does the publicly embarrassing himself thing again so they have cause for termination)

It wouldn't be very expensive just to promote Strong from assistant head coach. They'd have the benefit of four games with a guy the players respect rather than a guy they clearly don't.

We don't know how the top defensive players will fare through the bowl season and the Combine. One of those guys could emerge, and I think it's too early to give up on Lawrence. Premium edge rushers are more and more valuable these days.

I'd say the Jets are also in the shitshow department, but they pick twice right near the top - they could turn what's already not a terrible defense into a force. (editing, they have become pretty bad on defense, and it might not just be the DE injury).

If you need a quarterback, though, you're in bad shape.

Last edited by Solecismic : 12-12-2021 at 04:55 PM.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote