View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 12:35 PM   #712
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

2026/27 Barclays Premier League - First Half Results

We’d get goals from Mwemere Mutesa, Benedikt Raab and Gianluca Bolis in a 3-2 season-opening victory at Liverpool Stadium over the Reds, quickly quieting critics worried after our loss in the Community Shield the week before.

After a 7-0-0 start, we’d be held to a 2-2 draw by Wolves at Crabble Athletic Ground but would win six more in a row before finally losing our first game of the year, dropping a 1-0 decision away against Middlesbrough. We’d win four more games in a row to hit the half way break with a scintillating 17-1-1 record.

Our goal scoring was down a bit but still more than acceptable (49 through 19 games) and we only allowed 14. Paul Moses missed close to a month with a twisted ankle but his strike partner Chiquinho continued to put up goals at an incredible rate for a 30 year old.

January 2027 - Transfer Window

With us playing so well, there wasn’t much we needed to do in the transfer window. However, our great talent continued to be a target for some of the top clubs in the game and we knew we’d need to fend many of them off to keep our players happy and content at Dover.

Transfers OUT

DL - Rafinha - £17,500,000 - Real Madrid

Ooh, this one hurts! Rafinha wasn’t playing much for us despite being a Wonderkid and getting £17+ million pounds for a backup was too good to turn down. We purchased Rafinha from Omonoia in Cyprus for £4.3 million back in 2023 and he played three and a half years with our team, never fully breaking into our starting eleven despite his great talent. He was always blocked by Renato Gaucho, whose towering height always was the big difference between the two Brazilians. Rafinha played 113 games for our squad, making only 29 starts. He’d score one goal and add 14 assists in those 113 games and we wish him well at Real Madrid, one of the powerhouse clubs in the world. We’ll be watching with great interest.

Loans OUT

DC - Luis Miguel Garcia - £250,000 Loan Fee - St. Gallen

Easy decision here, as St. Gallen comes calling with £250k for a depth centre halfback and we accept. Garcia is only 19 years old and could use the playing time with their senior team.

Transfers IN

DL - Daniel Diaz - £3,200,000 (from Valencia) - 24 years old, Argentina

This move was necessary after moving out Rafinha, as we needed cover at left fullback. Daniel Diaz is a middling talent (2.0/2.5) and is a bit slower than I’d like but as a temporary solution, he’ll be fine. He seems to produce at a much higher level than his scouted rankings, a good omen for us. I worked on getting a better talent but it’s tough sledding during the January transfer window and prices are sky-high. Needless to say, I was second guessing myself quite a bit on the Rafinha transfer…

Hopefully we can keep up our incredible pace as we move forward into the second half of our schedule…

Last edited by NoSkillz : 02-15-2016 at 12:37 PM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote