View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 08:06 AM   #448
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Honestly, though, if you don't think that Amazon/Hulu eventually run into the same issue, you're probably fooling yourself. Netflix is leading the curve because it's had the most growth in the space up to this point. If that growth transitions to another medium, the problems that caused that transition in the first place don't just go away. They re-manifest.

Well, to be frank, I haven't cut the cord nor do I intend do until something comes along that works. Truthfully, I use Netflix streaming to watch junk to fall asleep to. I don't watch much TV in general, and what they have streaming that I actually want to watch is minimal. What I really want to watch is stuff like Freaks and Geeks which can only be done via disc. So I'm not really thinking of cancelling Netflix streaming explicitly because of the Starz thing. It just barely meets my watching interests as-is.

Edit to add: I'm probably Netflix's ideal customer. I can't use Redbox for things I want to watch, so I'm probably going to keep both streaming and disc in the "short" term. And I'm kind of lazy, so I may never get around to cancelling.

I will say, though, I've had a LOT more issues lately streaming Netflix, and it's irritating me. Considering I mostly stream at 2 in the morning when I can't fall asleep or while waiting for drugs to kick in...

/tk

Last edited by terpkristin : 09-04-2011 at 08:08 AM.
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote