Old 12-06-2016, 12:59 AM   #194
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Anyone I want to chase?

Here is what I’m missing:

Stud/start TE?
Starting OG

Backups – Qb, TE, WR, OGx2, DE, CBx2 , S

There’s a good OG in the pool, 63/63, 9t year vet Corwin Fruth. Wants 18 mill over 3 years. Or I could try and hit up the draft.

I sign Canada for 48 mill, 4 years, with cap hits of 10.6, 10.3, 10.3, and 17,8. I have the cash for Fruth, but a 9th year vet doesn’t strike me a s solid answer. Let’s look at the draft first!

I interview a bunch of GOs, nothing is good. This is a deep OT draft, I could move an OT over.

Whoa!

There is a great, high bar CB in the 6th overall spot, with no combines but as scouted. Looks sexy – Bryant Crane. Will Crane fall? There are also some solid Tees near the top of the draft too

There are three just studly stud LBs on in the outside backer spots.

The dropoff in quality from OF Fruth to the next OG on the FA list is bad. And I don’t see any great OGs here But I could be tempted for OT into OG. If Fruth were 7th year, I’d do it. But I don’t want to sign a 31 year old OG who busts 10 points in camp. You know? I can do better than that.

I do not make an offer for Fruth

The best K in the league isn in fa. 14 ear vet Caleb Sturgis, 91/91. Also out there is 6 year vet, 78/78 SE Russell Martinez. Both quality.

I watch for a while

Int eh draft this year I have 1.32, 3.15, 3.19, 3.25, 4.30, 4.21, 4.32, 5.22, 5.32, 7.32

So I don’t need to go after anyone in FA that much. I can go after these folks!

Week 3 – Martinez signs a 100 mill deal with Dallas

Week 4 – Lynch heads to New Orleans. Good luck! You shouldn’t have held out… you have dropped what you wanted by 50% and I would have resigned you.

Week 5 – Fruth heads to SF 49ers

Week 6 =-Kempthorn to Denver, Gonzalez to Green Bay

Want to make on offer for a Kicker much better than McManus but a year older? Yes, I do. I make an offer. I have the cash, I don’t need anything else, might as well have the best K in the game, right?

Week 7 – We sign Sturgis for 20 mill, 3 yras, and that;s 1.2 mill more than McManus this year. I cut McManus. Remember Michael Dunn? He signs with the Bills.

Week 8 – McManus heads to Houston. Remember Antoine Harrison? Heads to Boston. Lincoln Baxter or the Jags

Week 9 – No one has made an offer to Stanton, even though he’s halved his contract demands to 36 mill over 3 years. He won’t take my offer. In real life, he would have, right? He liked playing for me, yadda yadda.

Week 10 – TEE Ruddy heads to Minnesota

End of FA

Stanton untouched

That is just bizarre.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote