View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 02:28 AM   #195
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2026 NFL Amateur Draft!

The Bengals kick of the draft with WR Mitchell Shreves coming off the board

CB Crane, I was interested in heads off at 1.18.

Then the second to last OT heads off at 1.19, . Hmpf.

This is not a very talented draft. I may trade some picks away for future picks, or to target the handful of quality here.

At 1.22, the Vikings biggest needs, and I am not kidding, are Ot, OT, and DT. Not a typo. The last good OT won’t make it past them. Right?

I offer my 1/.32 and 3.15 to move with the Saints to 1.11 and then I grab OT Lucas Lucas (not a typo) OT going 1.22 who I wanted. A lot. 4 reds, 1 blue. As scouted. Here we go

Who would I have taken at 1.32?

Some great players go in the late 20s, including two great Dts I liked, and a quality FS at 30.

A stud LB is left, WLB 3-4 guy Ethan Nelson. 3 reds, 3 blues. All stud. I would have gone him.

The Vikes take the top OT on the board and move on.

Player’s I’m following include OG Bill Potz, TE Perrone, and I want to see where Nelson winds up

None by pick 50

None in the first two rounds

How is Nelson still on the breaking board? And Plotz and Perrone are good too. I thought Perrone would be one of my 3rd rounders and scouted him. Plotz too. But Nelson? Wow. Even if a bad draft like this, there’s always somebody who tumbles

Uh oh. At picks 3.5 and 3.6 there is a run on TE, leaving Perrone on the board at the top.

3.10 at Dallas is the first team that needs TE on the board next. That pick is worth 220 points. I could throw a couple ofo 4ths at get it. Do I want Perrone that much? Nah. Wanna swap 3rds to get Plotz or Nelson? Nobody from here to us at 3.19 needs LB.

So let’s keep going.

Nelson goes 3.10 to Dallas

ARGH!!!

I didn’t see Dallas taking Nelson. Now I would have swapped 3rd so something. BLAST it. I could have gotten a 1st rounder here. Ah well, lesson learned.

Do I want to move up for Perrone? I could leap from 3.19 to 3.11 and move…nah it’s too pricey. I’ll just grab someone else.

Pick 76, Perrone heads to the Jets

At 3.19 I take LG Bill Plotz

At 3.25 – There are three intriguing people here. DT Marshal walker? He might “just” be a DT, but he’s good. DE Grayson Floyd and WR Grady Gillespie. Gillespie might be the last decent receiver on the board. But I go Floyd. Floyd is too good not to take here.

Walker goes 4.4 to the Jags

4th round –
I take FL Grady Gllsespie with my first pick in the 4th.
MLB Braxton Rhodes is next. Quality backup
S Julio Langley – just a body

5th? CB Cooley, again just for having a body.

7.32? RB Alexis Talley intrigues, especially as someone from MARSHALL

Amateur Draft Report:

Rnd 1 - Lucas Lucas, T, Wisconsin
Rnd 3 - Bill Plotz, G, Notre Dame
Rnd 3 - Grayson Floyd, DE, Toledo
Rnd 4 - Grady Gillespie, WR, North Carolina
Rnd 4 - Braxton Rhodes, ILB, Mississippi
Rnd 4 - Julio Langley, S, Maryland
Rnd 5 - Herb Cooley, CB, Lock Haven
Rnd 7 - Alexis Talley, RB, Marshall

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote