View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 09:39 PM   #117
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitcat View Post
This has been a fascinating look at a game I've never played but now want to play pretty badly. A question for you when you are done smashing VJ. Other than the game itself which of the DLC are you running (a quick look at Steam shows 42 available)? Also are you running any content from say the Steam Workshop? I'd love to dive into this but it feels like i might want to wait for the next Steam Sale or Paradox weekend Thanks

Great questions! Thanks for reading!

I only have the DLCs proper, not the visual unit packs and such. I also don't use any mods from Workshop.

Many DLCs add a lot to the game, especially the earlier ones. I do think having ones that are pertinent to where and whom you are playing makes sens,e like Third Rome and Cossacks for a Russian dynasty.

I wouldn't want to do every single DLC while learning the game at the same time, but you can turn on which DLCs to use for a given campaign.

I'd recommend a stater nation like Portugal or the Turks for your first campaign.

Getting a Bundle with the first few expansions during the upcoming holiday sale would make sense.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote