View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 01:28 PM   #56
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I can't speak for football, but youth soccer here in Missouri there is a definite shortage of referees because kids are finding other things to do to earn money than the alternative of being screamed at, threatened and constantly told they suck. This is by coaches and parents.

The leagues warn these coaches and players but one thing I hope to do once I become a board member is to start suspending or banning these coaches who abuse the referees. The same goes for parents, which like the players, the coaches need to control and handle those issues.

I may suck, but there is a right way to handle that, come to me calmly during half time and explain your concerns, you can also go to the leagues website and fill out a referee evaluation form as well as contact the league head referee. We have mentors for outdoor who watch the new referees.

These kid referees are scared to run a middle because of several coaches.

Indoor is different and we don't have many kids who want that challenge, hell we even have a city police officer there on Saturdays just for the fact of parents/kids/coaches who cause trouble. The sad thing is.. it will never improve until leagues start banning these problem coaches and parents who cannot control themselves.

I don't need the job or the money.. but I do it for the love of the game and hopefully teaching the kids something while I'm at it as well as ensure the game is played in a safe and fair manner. (plus the exercise is fantastic)

Last edited by MizzouRah : 12-24-2018 at 01:30 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote