View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 04:35 PM   #19
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

More time ebbs

“From ahead of you come the sounds of battle-the clang of metal, the shouts of men in agony. Hurrying forward, you see a dreadful sight. A small group of dwarven warriors, clad in chainmail, armed with hammers and axes, stand back to back, beset on all sides by orcs and goblins on wolves, who ride in a circle, raining arrows down from their short- bows. Bodies of the slain-orcs, goblins and dwarves-lie scattered about, their blood staining the bright green sward. As you watch, a dwarf falls, an arrow in his neck.”

They gallop to the dwarves as Intaria casts Light and blinds a goblin about to slay the wounded dwarf.

Battle begins!

Round 1 - Juri wins init and slays a goblin and a wolf it was on. Intaria casts Continual Light and blinds a wolf, and it falls and takes a goblin down. A dwarf finishes both off. They are missed, the dwarves take some light damage.

Round 2 – They lose init and a dwarf is killed. Juri needs a crit and was clawed by a wolf for 6 damage. Intaria takes a tossed spera fo r5. They slay two baddies and quarter staff a third badly. The dwarf finishes his.

14-19
45/51

Round 3 – They lose again. All misses from the smaller enemy. Three more finished!

Round 4 – They win init back. All bad guys are dead

Intaria uses a healing potion on a dying dwarf and saves him.

“he dwarf sits down heavily, blood streaming down his seamed, rocky face. “I am Karl Stonecutter” he says. “We are in your debt. We were hurry- ing east from Prinzfeld when these attacked us. I fear that my band is not what it was when we left our domain.”

They agree to camp here for the night as you are going in mutually exclusive directions. They take various shifts, and during the night…

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote