View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 09:18 PM   #416
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Around here they are generally cops or retired cops.

Sounds like the Florida security guard was useless, that the local police were well aware of this kid and called something like 23 times to his house and useless, the FBI was useless... I’m actually a guy in support of gun bans (especially assault rifles) but this particular case is looking pretty bad and preventable from a everything that could go wrong went wrong.. (Or at least some of the 17 deaths were preventable). I remember reading somewhere that he took an Uber. Could have been one of those first day misinformation things but seems like the uber driver might question the tactical equipment as well? I mean at the end of the day this is on the nutcase but things look way more screwed up than typical shooter starts shooting and kills a couple type cases.

Isn't every single crime/murder/attack preventable in hindsight? If only, if only, if only. Life doesn't work in if only. Every event is part of a chain, inevitably, the more complex the chain (aka, life) the harder it is to break the chain that can lead to something like this. Instead of just throwing the blame ex post facto, let's work to recognize we can't prevent all bad things. Finding solutions going forward will be much more beneficial than complaining that, if only (we could have stopped it, blaming others for the failures instead), it could have been prevented.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote