View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 09:16 AM   #23
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
2 YAC. Maybe missed tackle? Or I suppose it could be a "between the steams" kinda thing and neither helped like they should have.

EDIT: Or also, assuming the engine is similar to the past, maybe they screwed up on their assignments, causing someone else to have to lean in their direction. thus allowing the catch elsewhere? ("the center pancaked the MLB on that sweep and disorganized the defense" and all that...) I mean, my assumption is that every player gets a "did his job"/'did not do his job" dice roll on each play.

Yes, this is what I am gathering, the --- looks like they either messed up or were dominated in their assignment. Looking at my own game logs, there are plays where I got positive yardage, but it appears that there were players that still messed up their assignments.

In this example, my QB Rivers passed for 7 yards but I am geeked on the info it gives here. While the LT and RB messed up their blocking assignments, the QB had enough time to recognize and throw away from the Primary WR who was double teamed. The Secondary Receiver, who was running a screen, caught the ball 5 yards past the line of scrimmage and got an additional 2 yards. In addition, the NT was not successful trying to rush the passer which may have given Rivers the time to find the secondary receiver:

2-12-SDO41 (1Q: 13:44) Philip Rivers pass completed to WR Dexter McCluster for 7 yards. Tackled by ILB Deone Bucannon, assisted by S Tony Jefferson. McCluster gained 2 yards after the catch. The quarterback threw away from the double coverage.
OFFENSE 221 Personnel, I formation DEFENSE 34 Eagle, Regular Personnel, Press-2
QB P.Rivers
*** LDE C.Campbell Rush Passer +++
TE A.Gates Outlet, 3 Comeback (9-12) +++ NT X.Williams Rush Passer ---
TE H.Henry Primary, 3 Comeback (9-12) +++ RDE R.Nkemdiche Rush Passer +++
Z(FL) D.McCluster Secondary, S Screen (S) +++ SLB C.Jones Blitz Passer +++
RB K.Farrow Protect --- SILB D.Bucannon Short Zone +++
FB D.Watt Outlet, S Screen (S) +++ WILB J.Bartu Short Zone +++
LT T.Burwell
--- WLB M.Golden Double TE +++
LG C.Watt
+++ LCB M.Jenkins Bump and Run +++
C M.Slauson
+++ RCB P.Peterson Bump and Run +++
RG D.Clark
+++ SS T.Branch Deep Zone +++
RT J.Barksdale
+++ FS T.Jefferson Deep Zone +++

In this example, the primary receiver could not get open and 3 of of the 5 lineman appear to have been dominated on the line of scrimmage which Carson Palmer to run for his life:

2-3-ARI42 (1Q: 04:16) Play-Action. Carson Palmer scrambled for 10 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremiah Attaochu.
OFFENSE 113 Personnel, Pro formation DEFENSE 34 Eagle, Nickel Personnel, Cover-1
QB C.Palmer
*** LDE J.Bosa Rush Passer +++
X(SE) L.Fitzgerald Primary, 2 Slant (5-8) --- NT B.Mebane Rush Passer +++
TE J.Gresham Protect +++ RDE C.Liuget Rush Passer +++
Z(FL) J.Brown Secondary, 1 Out (5-8) +++ SLB M.Ingram Short Zone +++
RB D.Johnson Outlet, S Screen (S) +++ SILB M.Te'o Short Zone +++
SLOT M.Floyd Outlet, D Deep Fade (40+) +++ WLB J.Attaochu Man-to-Man +++
LT J.Veldheer
--- LCB B.Flowers Man-to-Man +++
LG M.Iupati
--- RCB P.Desir Man-to-Man +++
C A.Shipley
+++ NB J.Verrett Blitz Passer +++
RG E.Mathis
+++ SS D.Lowery Man-to-Man +++
RT D.Humphries
--- FS D.Stuckey Deep Zone +++

Since all this info is in the logs, I can see Solevision being expanded and this is the type of info I have always wanted but we couldn't in previous iterations because of how it was designed.

Last edited by Antmeister : 11-25-2016 at 09:27 PM.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote