View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 11:18 AM   #1466
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

A quick follow up to the announcement of a new coach. Prior to Bear returning home for the Summer, he was aware that there were apparently 2 people in the running for the position, this lady and an older guy. For a long time, there was no word on what was happening, and he wasn't even sure if things were proceeding or if the Athletic Director was attempting to find additional candidates. However, of the two people that were up for the job, this was the one that the team captains preferred. Apparently, one of the captains on the team reached out to some of her former swimmers to find out what they thought of her, and they all expressed the fact that she was great to swim for. That she kept things fun, which in swimming isn't really an easy thing to do.

We'll see how this plays out, but I know that if Bear had a vote out of the two options, based on what he was told, this would have been his choice.

While this is Bear's last season, I'm going to be very interested to see how she recruits going forward. I felt for a long time that Berry should be a better team than they've been, and that lack of effort in recruiting was holding them back. This coach is young enough that she might embrace it more, and if she does, it could be fun to see where this goes.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote