View Single Post
Old 10-26-2022, 10:42 AM   #1477
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

University of Montevallo, Emmanuel College vs Berry College -Results

Well the first meet under the new coach is in the book and here are my thoughts:

Good:
- The team swam pretty well. Some very fast swims against very strong competition.
- The coach seems very nice and totally engaged with her swimmers

Bad
- The meet results were not uploaded to the App - Meet Mobile so spectators could follow along
- The scoreboard wasn't working so no one in the stands had any idea about the swimmers times (not sure why this wasn't tested before the meet)
- The meet was exceptionally long - it took about 4 hours to complete. Normal college meets take closer to 90 minutes.
- The team elected to provide 1 cool down lane (lane 1), which probably wouldn't have been an issue in a normal meet, but with 2 very large teams, plus Berry's ~50 swimmers that 1 lane was packed and worse - it churned up the water bad for swimmers in lane 2 (Bear swam all of his events from lane 2 - by the way)
- The team warmed up at 8:30 for and 11 o'clock meet, then didn't get to warm up again before the meet started, meaning the kids sat around for hours tightening up before racing.
- Some very odd selections for swimmers, heats, and events. The coach apparently relied on a team member to assist with the line ups, and it showed.

Bear - like I mentioned above, there were no official times for the meet, but I did some unofficial timing and it was pretty obvious he wasn't swimming well. In fact, his times this meet (found the results after doing some searching on the Monvevallo swim site), were very reminiscent of his times in the opening meet from last year. Hopefully, he'll build on this like he did last year and end up having a strong season.

Note: I couldn't find the final scoring for this meet anywhere.

Last edited by Breeze : 11-04-2022 at 06:55 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote