View Single Post
Old 11-15-2022, 08:28 AM   #1485
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Berry vs. Sewanee - RESULTS

Berry - 182
Sewanee - 80

It was a nice trip up to Sewanee, Tennessee. The campus was very nice, similar architecture to the Rhodes campus, but much more spread out. It was also very cold, with a high of 37 degrees, a surprising 10 degrees cooler than Chattanooga, which was not far down the highway. The almost 2000 feet of altitude probably had something to do with that.

The team seemed to adjust ok to the loss of several swimmers. With a few posting some very fast times in unusual events.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bear - unfortunately, Bear is still struggling, and at this point I'm not sure he's going to recover. He's way off where he needs to be at this point in the season to position himself for a good conference championship meet. It's looking more and more like the shoulders are just completely shot, at least for anything more than a sprint.

400 Medley Relay - B Team - Bear swam the free leg at the end of the relay. When he dove in, he was about half a second behind Sewanee, but by the end of the first 50 he had taken the lead, and he pulled away to secure second place in the meet. Bear split a respectable 50.61.

200 Free - Once again Bear struggled in this event, and at this point he's about 10 seconds off where he needs to be at this point in the season. Maybe he'll respond for the December mid-season taper event, fingers crossed.

200 Free Relay - A Team - Bear lead off the relay and posted a personal best time of 23.13, a nice little reward, especially in this tough season. I know he wants to get sub 23, but in season, no taper, that's a good swim.

1000 Free - I know, given Bear's struggles why is he swimming the 1000? Well, he actually requested it. I believe this was a test to see what it would feel like to do this race, so he'd have information to decide how he wanted to handle the remainder of the season. Unsurprisingly, he didn't swim well, but what's more important is how he felt doing it and how he felt afterwards. I can't answer those questions because he's not volunteering any information on what's going on. I guess we'll know more based on what events he swims moving forward.

Last edited by Breeze : 11-23-2022 at 06:40 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote