View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 05:24 AM   #573
RainMaker
General Manager

Does anyone have any recommendations for the grocery store? I'm looking for things that maybe the average person would overlook. I have a couple recommendations for others here:

Kashi Cereal- They make a couple types that have very little sugar and are primarily fiber and protein. Doesn't taste too bad either and you can add a Splenda packet and/or some honey if you need a little extra zing. I use it as a snack on occasion or a quick breakfast. Was going the oatmeal route a lot but really hate that stuff.

FiberOne Granola Bars - The full bar is 140 calories and has 9g of fiber. Will really clean you out if you're not getting enough fiber and isn't all that bad for you.

Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches - If you have a sweet tooth and are dying while losing weight, I'd recommend these. 140 calories and only 2g of real sugar. In fact it has 4g of fiber in one too. They actually taste really good too which was shocking to me. I don't have it everyday, but there are times I just need something "normal" and one of these leaves me guilt-free and quenches that taste.

Ezekiel Bread/Buns - Probably the healthiest bread out there. Made from an old Bible recipe it has no sugar or HFCS. Basically just fiber and protein. Since it's not filled with preservatives, it goes bad quickly so you'll find it in the frozen foods section of the grocery store. I've found the buns are great for burgers too since most burger buns are pretty crappy for you. Throw a lean beef or turkey burger on these buns and it's a pretty low calories, healthy meal.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote