View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 01:47 PM   #386
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

My prediction of the Biden White House:

If Democrats loose the Georgia run-offs (most likely scenario), Biden will have his hands completely tied by MCConnell. While Trump builds his media empire and starts running for President again immediately, the Republicans in the Senate will see no advantage on working with Biden on anything. They will stonewall every nomination, maybe allowing a handful of positions through if the person is moderate enough, but mostly just forcing Biden to keep temporary appointments in place. Absolutely no judges will be confirmed. Meanwhile Biden will spend most of his presidency trying to put out the fires that Trump left behind, while the Senate constantly tries to drum an investigation on every conspiracy theory they can find, counting on 2022 when the GOP will most likely take over the Congress so they can join in on the fun. Biden will be impeached by a Republican house as payback for Trump's impeachment. They will probably impeach Kamala as well.

If Democrats win the run-offs (long shot)- Joe Manchin becomes the Majority leader in every way but name. Nothing goes through congress without Joe's approval, unless it is watered down enough for Romney to agree with it. No major overhauls, no public options, maybe some pretty moderate legislation passes. All till 2022 when the Republicans take control of the house (and possibly retakes the Senate).

Sorry I am so bleak, but I see very little hope the Republicans as a whole will ever be reasonable again.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote