View Single Post
Old 03-23-2005, 05:54 PM   #360
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

17 minute mark: Duff passes to Saha in the left half of the box.. he crosses to Adriano in the right half of the box.. Adriano with a blistering shot.. curves.. into the upper right corner of the net! GOAL!!!! 1-0. That is his first goal for our team!

29 minute mark: Abraham Paz takes a free kick from just outside the box.. blasts it into the upper left corner of the net! GOAL. 1-1 tie.

32 minute mark: Fletcher heads a pass to Adriano just outside the box.. hard shot.. upper left corner.. it hits the post and bounces back. Paddy pounces on it.

44 minute mark: Duff with a corner.. Adriano heads it from the middle of the box.. it hits the crossbar.

Halftime: 1-1 tie. We have over 65,000 fans here today.

57 minute mark: Paddy and Wall deflect a flurry of 4 shots by us.

63 minute mark: Duff crosses long to Mamam who heads it into the center of the box for Adriano.. he unleashes a quick hard shot.. upper left corner of the net! GOAL!!!! 2-1. Adriano has 2 goals in his first start!

I sub King on for Saha. I want to get King used to working with Adriano. I think they could be an important duo at striker in our future. I want them to build rapport.

I also sub Cook for Fletcher. Cook looks like he will be an important player in our future. I want him to get used to working with both of our young potential stars.

77 minute mark: Mamam crosses to Adriano.. he heads it.. over the bar.

88 minute mark: Djemba passes to Adriano who heads it to King.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. Paddy dives.. great save.

92 minute mark: Longthorn passes to Begeorgi in the box.. hard shot.. good save by Howard.

Game over. 2-1 win for us. Wigan played us tough, but we overwhelmed them.

We outshot them 27-5 (14-2 on target)

Damien Duff Won MoM, 10 for form, 31 of 34 passes, 3 of 4 tackles, 1 of 5 headers, 3 interceptions, 23 runs, 2 fouls drawn.

Adriano had a 9 for form this match. Mamam had a 10 for form.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote