View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #375
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Eh. I think that's piling on. Microsoft made some serious mistakes in the run-up to and aftermath of E3. I'm not sure a 'freemium' fighting game can realistically be classed in the same category. Especially since we have no information yet as to what pricing is going to look like on the other fighters. Let's say they're $1.99 each and there are 30 fighters in the game. That's...not that different from releasing a $60 retail game, except people can cherry-pick their fighters and pay less.

If they're $4.99 each and there are 30 fighters in the game? mckaylamaroney.jpg.

$9.99 each and 30 fighters in the game? Fuck off.

The things Microsoft have gotten shit for in this thread (which they largely backed off of yesterday) are legitimate, but giving them crap for releasing a "freemium" fighting game is digging a little too deep for the schadenfreude, IMO.

I didn't even realize the line about Killer Instinct was in what I quoted above. Of the number of sins they have committed this launch, that's, what, number 426?

I was speaking towards the general console launch this gen, again from Xbox doing their thing to Sony not really having to do anything because Microsoft shot them in the foot so bad to the Wii U's start and non-E3.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote