View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 08:43 PM   #388
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
You absolutely did.

The changes Microsoft is making with Xbox One can only be one of three things: good, bad or neutral. We've seen enough of the reaction to where they began to know that the changes aren't neutral. That means the changes being made are either a good thing, or a bad thing.

Your implication, in the bit I just quoted there, is that Xbox One becoming more like PlayStation 4 in any way cannot be a good thing for Microsoft. Logically, that means it must be a bad thing. Further, the implication then is that "copying Sony" is going to drive the market to say "Fuck it, I'll buy a PS4 instead."

I'd disagree that it can't be neutral. They're now in line with their competitor. Most will shrug at that (i.e. neutral). But Sony can play the card that they didn't have to be forced to make those decisions by their competitor. They can argue they're obviously the leadership team that's actually leading at this point rather than following. That's definitely more fuel for Sony.

And I didn't imply your sarcastic example at the end. Didn't even come close to that.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 06-24-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote