Thread: Hattrick
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 08:07 PM   #92
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Unbelievably, we are through to the third round of the cup, 2-0. I still don't have a clue what the ratings at the bottom of the match report mean, but the prediction was I'd win 1.4-0 so that knows what is going on.

I wasn't around to go after the goalie I mentioned and got outbid by a maniac for a solid near Excellent goalie today. Even with the quick pop, he won't make much given that I made go to 300k+ for the guy. My new 50k passable will go Solid in two weeks, at most, so I'm happy. The injured goalie is still showing one red cross, so I doubt he can play Saturday--I do have my first choice ready for that game. the oldest is the injured fellow, so he will go after he pops to Solid. Since I bought him for 1k, that will be a nifty profit.

I MOTS'd the first Cup, TIEed the league game (getting hammered 6-0 by the team dropping down) and now my TS is MURDEROUS. I will TIE this Saturday in the league, and I doubt I will have a favorable matchup in the third round, but I'll wait and see.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote