Thread: Hattrick
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 11:22 PM   #112
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Kind of a weird, stalkerish story about my HT team.

I pulled a couple of players as youth pulls when I first started (about three years ago) and trained them up as forwards. Neither were really spectacular talents, but they were cheap and I kind of like the idea of raising players from within. Fast forward to now, the players are 20 years old and I have some more trainees coming out of my youth academy and I need to make room.

I listed Jackson Landers last week, as mentioned a 20 year old outstanding scoring/poor passing. I listed him for $750k and figured myself lucky to get that. A fifth division Bulgarian team offers $1.04M shortly after I listed him. No other team placed a bid.

Yesterday, I listed another one of my youth pulls, 20 year old Jared Alexander with outstanding scoring/weak passing. He had a 2000+ better TSI than Landers and is probably close to popping, but I wanted to go ahead and bring up a solid trainee from the YA. The same fifth Bulgarian division team bid $1.1M on him shortly after he was listed.

I thought it was odd that the team was bidding on the players so early in the process and the fact that they bidded on almost the same exact player.