View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 11:10 AM   #1
ReiperXHC
n00b

A noobie Dynasty (Bears)

Okay. I've had this game for a few months now, and I can honestly say that I love it. I'm addicted. Straight up!

I haven't actually done anything to get any better. I always seem to just speed through each season, and blow throught the off season as fast as possible with no real strategy in mind just to see how many of my guys make it to the Hall of Fame.

Anyways, I'm not getting any better at this game doing things that way, and I don't think I'm fully enjoying everything this game has to offer by doing it. So I'm going to kill 3 birds with 1 stone by doing things here.

Bird 1: I've been pretty depressed due to a loss in my family. This will help me to keep my mind of of things a little and on something else.

Bird 2: I might actually take things slowly in this game and figure out how to use some of the features in it to my advantage.

Bird 3: Somebody might even chim in here on this thread and I might learn a little something that could make me enjoy this game EVEN MORE!!! heh.

Okay there is no house rules (yet?) I haven't really given this game much thought strategically and I'm kinda' new still the the intricacies of football in general, so until I feel that I'm pounding the computer AI down every season, I will not have any house rules.

Cap raise range set at 60-90 based on a thread by SkyDog...supposed to make the AI better at contract management etc...forget who's idea this origionally was, but I got the idea from SkyDog who got the idea from someone else etc...

Injury at 200. I want this to be challenging and realistic to at least a certain extent...I hope all my guys getting injured doesn't piss me off too much.

The player file I'm using is a custom one I've made that has no players in it. (This way every player is a randomly generated "rookie") and it starts in 2004. I made it that way so that I could import TCY drafts and have every player (bar the rookies who started) a player who was picked up in the random high schools of TCY. Yeah I'm wierd lol.

There will be no thread for my TCY game as I am currently using that one just to blow through and get draft files lol.

Okay. I'm going to start this off with the Allocation Draft. (Yes I'm going to do the whole thing, I'm going to do everything manually this time through the game.)

Oh and just so you guys know, the highest rated random rookies are usually between 60 and 70. And there's only like 3 or 4 players rated that high. We probably won't have any super studs until the first draft, and then only a couple yet. (will be more league wide after 5 drafts or so)

Thank you for reading (if you do) and commenting (if you do)

Next post coming after some or all of the allocation draft is completed.

-Reip

ReiperXHC is offline   Reply With Quote