View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 12:46 PM   #3
ReiperXHC
n00b

Okay we have the 7th pick overall in the allocation draft. I was thinking that I should pick a RB or a QB to start off with, but there's a very nice looking WILB R.J. Perkinswith all blue bars almost all the way to the right (except pass rush strength.)

He's rated 16 (75) but with no training camp after this, 99.9 percent of the players in the league will have their future ratings take a hit. He'll probably be in the 60's after the draft.

Anyways. If I pick him, he may be the one player from this draft that has anything close to a "stellar" career.

On the QB/RB side of things, on offense I'm thinking I kind of want to try for some kind of smash mouth/short pass, West Coast type of thing. And there is a good RB by the name of Ike Alger who looks to be pretty close to the total package as far as the type of offense that I'm trying for.

Third down running, hole recognition and elusiveness all look to be pretty darn good (all the way to the right/hole recognition "almost" all the way). Plus avoid drops and getting down field are all the way to the right. With route running about half way.

If I go with the back, he'll likely get a lot of passes anyway because the players in this draft are so low rated that after the first few rounds the pickings are going to be very thin.

Kelly Riley seems to be the only QB near the top worth mentioning. He looks to be well rounded and pretty good as far as accuracey, timing, etc...go. Decent gray bars in all of those (except scrambling.)

Passing skills are better than average at screen and short pass (which is what I belive are needed for my plans) and long passing.

As far as Ike Alger is concerned, he seems to be a serious impact player, but I have no idea what I plan on running on the defensive side of the ball. He's so good though that he'd probably fit in no mater what I decide to do there.

Any thoughts from the collective "media" here? I'm so torn between these 3. And if I don't make a pick soon, I may end up freaking out and adding more players to this list. (Why oh why can't I just keep things simple and to th point...at this rate, it's going to be a month before I finish this allocation draft lol)

-Reip

ReiperXHC is offline   Reply With Quote