View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 04:12 PM   #32
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

U.S.D. Novese - Season 2
The legacy of Vittorio Pozzo

FEBRUARY 2017

Two new players join us on non-contracts before the transfer deadline. It's signings mostly in the blind as we don't have the time to go scout the players before we sign them.

Davide Sala is another DL where we have still not found a solution i trust.

Valerio Traversari is an advanced playmaker

Ligorna 1922 plays a funky formation with a single striker but three AMC just behind him. We have struggled with that before and moves our AMC to DM to counter the move. That gives Mario Tacchinardi a place in the starting lineup as Rixhi Elezaj is not game ready yet and Luca De Feo is still injured.
The bad news is that we leaves Zhytarchuk very alone on top.

@ home vs. Ligorna 1922 #7
We don't accomplice much in the first half and neither does Ligorna 1922
It's more of the same to start the second half
After 52 minutes we get the goal when we put together a perfect attack. Zhytarchuk is last man on the ball and scores his goal number eleven of the season.
Tacchinardi is not playing any good in his debut and i replace him with Riccardo Lucarino playing out of position after an hour.
We hold on and but with two minutes left we give up an equalizer after a failed clearance by Armando Sykaj. The minute after we almost gives everything away but GK Michael Vezzani saves us with a monster-save.
Instead late in overtime, Zhytarchuk gets his second goal of the day but the referee has blown for a questionable offside.
I will need to see that one again.

Another tough game, this time against 5th ranked Ischia Isolaverde. We go back to the 4-3-1-1 formation we know.

@ home vs. Ischia Isolaverde #7
We play surprisingly well in the first 30 minutes and have the best chances.
Then just second before halftime we get a goal when Zhytarchuk sneaks behind the backline for the easy score.
In the second half we get a bit more under pressure. Luca Dimasi is not accomplishing much as the AMC and I take him out and replace him with Rixhi Elezaj as DMC.
Once again we give up a goal late. This time on a counterattack.
Instead of giving up I order the team forward and we go on the attack and Nicoḷ Condorelli looks like the hero when he scores a minute into extra time.
But it's not to be. Three minutes into extra time Rixhi Elezaj makes a clumsy penalty and we have to settle for a draw.

A.C. Bra loss again and have only won once in their last six games and is falling behind. Argentina Arma also struggles and only get a draw on the road.
We are only one point behind with 14 games left to play.

We go on the road but it's against one of the worst teams in the league so this is a must win. Davide Sala gets a chance from start as the DL and can hopefully give us some attacking power we have been missing on the left side

@ Borgosesia #18
Not a good start. We give up a goal after just 18 minutes. The defense is still to slow. Reminder for next season that speed in the back line is a must have.
Then Zhytarchuk has two magic minutes. He scores in the 25 and the 26th minute. Both real poacher goals. Outruns the defense and scores easily.
And just before the break Pasquale D'Addio adds a third.
We have completely turned the game around.
Second half we just controll.
Zhytarchuk picks up a knock. I take no chances and replaces him.
No more goals.

The day turned out just perfect when the news that Argentina Arma has lost 0-2 on the road and we had taken over the league lead by two points. And Zhytarchuk`s knock was just that. A knock and he is 100% for the next game.

AMC from Napoli Luigi Mentana is finally back from his virus but a long way from match fit. Will have to play a few U20 games before he is ready for the first team.

Last game of the month.

@ home vs. Gozzano #6
Huge mistake from the Gozzano keeper after just three minutes when he fails to hold the ball on a corner. We take the lead with Massimo Lucarelli on the first shot of the game.
After 30 minutes Massimo Lucarelli have to leave the pitch with an injury. Arrigo Berera replaces him.
We have 60% possession in the first half but still give up a goal from a corner just before the break.
Both Vincenzo Perna and Zhytarchuk is playing bad today.
They start the second half better.
I try everything but we cannot get the goal we need. It all finishes in a unsatisfying 1-1 draw.

Luckily the Massimo Lucarelli injury was nothing big and he is ready for the next game against our rivals Acqui on the road.

Month end standing
U.S.D. Novese 50 p
Argentina Arma 50 p
A.C. Bra 46 p

Last edited by Northwood_DK : 07-25-2016 at 02:59 AM.
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote