View Single Post
Old 03-29-2003, 07:29 PM   #1
-Panther
High School Varsity

FOF 2002 Player File Editor

OK, the end of last year I mentioned I was working on a player file editor for FOF 2002. Well when the new year rolled around, the time I had to work on it went to 0. Lately my time has freed up and I resumed the project. Well, needless to say I didn't like what was there so I canned the previous project and started from scratch again.

Fofed 1.0b is done (in BETA) with a few minor exceptions (see readme.txt) it's pretty much fully functional (no launcher or help) and from the test I've been doing it seems very stable. This is where I'd LOVE your input. I can only do so much testing and to be honest, running test after test after test is VERY time consuming and rather boring to me. From what I've gathered it's ready to go final once the launcher and help file are done.

So, download it, and give it a try. If you notice something that's acting up or not working properly (check Readme.txt first) let me know and I'll tune her up.

Now, since I don't have 2001 I don't know if it's compatible with FOF 2001. Using players2.fdt (2001 file) doesn't work, neither in FOF 2002 nor Fofed.

BUT before you can download it, I've got to find somewhere/one to host it. So, if you're interested and willing to host it PM me and let me know where to send it.

I haven't written the installation for it yet (not using InstallShield, too much bloat) it's in a SFX archive for the moment. The archive is only 253k so it shouldn't take up much web storage. Uncompressed size of almost 1mb. I could make it a .zip archive (allows me to attach here) but it makes the archive around 450k. I wanted minimum size for this right now.

head on over to FOF Historical Society and grab you a copy!!!

Last edited by -Panther : 04-05-2003 at 07:56 PM.
-Panther is offline   Reply With Quote