View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #4
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I took the data we collected and entered it into an excel sheet packed with formulas and such. I actually found it on the internet and made changes to it to fit my needs.

Unfortunately, some of the kids that were there Tuesday didn't show on Thursday, so it's not completely filled out. However, I do have a ton of data now on the kids that should help us avoid having as many minimum play type players on the team.

For each kid, I took their best time in each drill and used it to compare against the others. I took their 5/10/5 and subtracted their 20 yard dash. I added their agility scores together, as well as their dashes together. Ideally, I would have liked to have had those strength scores...and while I'm at it a broad jump and a pushup count, but there was no way I could get that done.

Anyhow, so I've taken the 5 drill results and come up with 3 numbers. I then added those up. Generally speaking, the lower the number, the better the athlete.

Additionally, we could add or remove points based on how we thought of the kid (knucklehead or good athlete), if he'd played youth football in the past, and on his aggressiveness.

Currently, the range is from 10.5 to 45 for the 62 kids.

Next week we are in pads and we'll be able to see how the kids run, block, and tackle. I have modifiers in place for that as well.

As for right now, each kid has his own page in my file, sorted from left to right based on the total player score.