View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 02:57 AM   #661
Radii
Head Coach

July Update

As we hit July, Danny Graham and Josh Walker leave the club.

With that we have a payroll of $315,029/wk. Our allotted amount is $335,456/wk. So we're about 20k/wk under.

I should note though, that's with the max transfer budget allowed. We really have zero salary worries at all. I have a $19 million transfer budget. I can lower that to $15 million and our salary allotment goes up to $425,000/wk. So we are really in a position to make a splash if we want. I'll follow another trick I noticed in the FM11 thread of making sure anyone I sign has a big relegation salary clause and won't sign anyone that I wouldn't be able to keep if we fall back to the Championship.

Staff Hiring

I only lost one staff member last year, a physio that I didn't feel the need to re-sign. However, one thing I never really mentioned last year is that I only had one scout. This was due to the fact that I was so over budget for so long that I simply couldn't afford to hire one. So this year I go out and hire a number of scouts (5 total I believe, I really dunno how many I should try to have here, I'm "allowed" up to 13...).

-- So I go look at Bryan Bennett since he was so good for me last year and MC is a huge huge hole for us and I see how this is gonna work now. Arsenal is willing to loan him to us for the year even though we're in the same league, but now they expect a fee of $1.4M and expect us to pay his salary in full of $24k/wk.

I'm going to go ahead and call it a night here, 4am, and this is the spot where I really want to be focused and take my time to decide what kind of player moves I want to consider going into the new season.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote