View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 04:05 AM   #666
Radii
Head Coach

If I was desperate for cash selling off Neil Gordon would be a way to get it. I've gotten offers of $6.5M and $8M for him now from teams in Serie A. I really really like the kid though and have no intention of selling him.

New Signing

We pick up a veteran defender from Liverpool. Welcome DLR Adriano to Ipswich. He wasn't free, but pretty close. We paid $250,000 up front for him, signed him to a one year deal and said we'd pay $300,000 more if he played in 20 matches for us. I'm hoping to stick with Kirkland and Berthet at DL/DR for the most part but if this guy is just better or if his experience is that important for us then he'll be worth the extra $300k.

Adriano is 33 years old and will be making $23,500/wk for us. All his physical skills are in the 9-10 range. He's solid across the board elsewhere though... Off the Ball 17, Positioning 12, Teamwork 14, Work Rate 14, Decisions 15. Crossing 14, Marking 12, Passing 12, Tackling 13, Technique 13. Not a single rating below 10 in the technical or mental areas.

Neato: Adriano Correia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. IRL he went from Sevilla to Barcelona and currently plays there.

In the game, he stayed with Sevilla until the 12/13 season when Liverpool paid $16.25 Million for him. In 5 seasons for Liverpool he averaged > 7.0 rating every season playing primarily as a left midfielder. He's equally adept at least in the game in defense and since we don't run wide midfielders will obviously be playing defense for us.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote