View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 05:18 AM   #671
Radii
Head Coach

-- International jobs all over the world open up. I think I would really only be interested into diving into the USA job? I dunno I'm worried at this point that I've put so much effort into my club teams that I would either just get overwhelmed or would not take it seriously enough and fail.

We have a coaches meeting:

-- Stuart Kirkland has made improvements in training over the last 6 months. I see Passing (11), Anticipation (10), Composure (11), Off the Ball (8), Strength (13) all up on his player sheet. I came into Ipswich most excited about Neil Gordon but Kirkland is the real up and comer here I think.

-- Constantino has made improvements in his anticipation. I see Finishing (14), Long Shots(7), and Creativity (10) rising. Go go go!

-- Young DLC Jack Hughes has made improvements in his Marking. Marking (9), Influence (3).

With two contract offers for midfielders hung up and likely to be rejected (ie already rejected but I'm appealing), one that surprises me for a Kenyan who has spent a good bit of time in the German First Division, I go ahead and push a deal through that is going to cost me some coin but is one that I think could be a really critical one for me.

New Signing

We pay Man U $1.6 Million for the rights to pay DMC/MC Fredy Guarin $35,000/wk for the next two years. Guarin just turned 32. Guarin is rated to be a little better than Gordon Donnelly at both MC/DMC.

Physical: Everything is between 11-15. Pace 12/Accel 11, Sta 15/Str 15, he's holding up ok here it seems.

Mental: All ratings between 12-16 except Flair is 11. Solid everywhere. The only 16 is Composure. Lots of 12-15 numbers mainly.

Technical: Only finishing and Penalty taking are below 13. 13 marking/15 passing/13 tackling/15 first touch/13 heading/12 dribbling. The guy can play.

Guarin was the only aging guy I seriously considered paying this kind of amount for. He got one of those "would be a quality signing" rave reviews from our scouts and assistants. I actually tried to delay the transfer on him twice and the second time it cancelled, thinking I might land another experienced guy just as good, but work permits... I went ahead and made the offer again and decided to take it this time.

When this dynasty started Guarin had bounced around France and Portugal a little. In the 10/11 season he was sold to Cagliari in Serie A and spent 6 full seasons there putting up 6.8-6.95 level ratings. Man U bought him for $3.4 million and he spent 2 years there, putting up a 6.91 rating in 24 matches his first season, but not playing much last year.

This will be the 4th time he's been sold for more than $1 million in his career.

Financial Update

I'd dropped the transfer budget down to $10 million awhile back, which gives me a $500,000/wk wage budget. I don't intend to get too close to that. I started this at $313,000/wk though. I've used half my transfer budget, I have $4.8M remaining, and my wage budget sits at $399,606/wk.

$37,000/wk of that sits with Adriano and Yebda, pretty clear one year guys.

I'm still looking to bring in one more midfielder and one more striker. I think I'm done after that though, at least for now.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote