View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 03:22 AM   #685
Radii
Head Coach

-- We reject a $5.75M bid for Neil Gordon from Southhampton.

League Cup 3rd Round Draw

There's 12 non EPL teams still left, but we're not lucky enough to draw one of them. We're going to host West Ham, the team we lost 3:2 against in our league opener.

September Update

-- We have league matches on the 1st, 17th, 22nd, and 30th. League Cup 3rd Round will be on the 26th. There's a week break Euro Championship Qualifiers.

-- The only training update this month regards our starting keeper Brian Murphy. I don't wanna see training news about 35 year olds. Throwing, Composure, Concentration and Acceleration all fall a bit recently.

-- The board is pleased with my leadership. Our increased stature is still the positive. The fans are concerned about the play of Neil Gordon and that's listed as the primary negative. We made $3 Million last month. Thanks TV Revenue!

September 1st, 2018

Huddersfield (1-0-2, 12th) @ Ipswich (0-0-3, 19th)

We're even money favorites to get a win at home here, Huddersfield are 11:5. Huddersfield got a 1-0 win over Birmingham.

GK: Murphy
D: Kirkland/Bruce/McKerr/Berthet
DMC: Guarin
MC: Mariga/Donnelly
AMC: Kang
ST: Khan/Constantino

Donnelly gets his first start today. Mariga starts at MC next to him and Kang at AMC instead of Gordon. I debate sitting Constantino and his poor morale but I am giving him another shot today. We're attacking at home.

We're one of just two teams without a point in the EPL so far (Blackburn is the other). I feel like we're under a very very large amount of pressure to get 3 points at home against one of the teams we were in the Championship with last year.

9': We earn a corner, its headed away but we send it back in. Constantino has it out left, runs into the area and finds a small opening, blasts a shot... and its off the right post! Soooo close buddy.

12': Donnelly with a good run down the left side, a cross in... Constantino heads it just over.

36': We work the ball around on offense, Mariga shoots from 25 yards out, the keeper has to dive to push it wide, that was a great looking shot.

45': We earn a corner, its taken to Alex Bruce who gets a shot but puts it right at the keeper.

HALF: We end up with 8 shots, just 2 on target. We do settle for 5 from long range. They shoot 5 times, none on target. We have a 60/40 possession edge, we're not doing well in the air (47% on headers) but otherwise seem solidly in control, minus the goals.

56': Guarin with a yellow.

59': They have it out wide right, there's a cross in, midfielder Tunnicliffe is open and wins a header.. and beats Murphy. Ugh. 0-1

62': Donnelly with a pass to Kang, he shoots from 20 yards out, just saved by the keeper... we keep control and Donnelly earns a long range shot, its saved and tipped wide. Corner goes nowhere.

71': Gordon in for a tired Donnelly. Gordon AMC, Kang MC. Bojinov is in for Khan.

78': We look to buildup on offense but can't seem to get anything into the area... Kang pulls up from 20+ and strikes it... just off the crossbar and back into play. The ball seems to hang in the area for hours with people fighting for control.. but they finally clear it out.

85': We earn a corner as we try to cross it in and have it blocked... they clear, we recover though, but just can't do anything productive.

87': We earn another corner, we're not getting anything threatening leading up to these, just trying to find someone open at all... they clear this, we control and try to work the offense again. But we just cannot get it to anyone in the area for anything at all.

94': We have one last shot, Guarin takes a long one that isn't anywhere close. Kinda like the rest of the match. Sigh.

Ipsiwch 0 : 1 Huddersfield

The first couple matches we were happy to get some goals, then we played Chelsea, sure, we're not getting anything there... but this one, this one hurts.

Notables: Kirkland (7.2), Mariga (7.3), Khan (7.1)

Bruce a 6.0, he's struggling a bit this year more than most I think.

Its still very very early, but we sit in next to last, just ahead of Blackburn, with 0 points. 3 teams have just 1 point so far.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote