View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #78
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I don't understand your bolded statements (or agree with them if I do understand). A close vote today will still have an outcome (unless we tie, but we never do that). And it doesn't have any impact on Day 1 discussion, it just makes Day 0 Day 1 instead of today being mostly useless for information gathering.

However, there's an argument that not everyone will be around at the 'lynch' deadline, which means that those that aren't will not be able to coordinate their bets properly.

Still, I'd rather try and get something out of today rather than just let it go by without forcing people to make a stand that could be useful in future days, so I still would rather go ahead with an imperfect plan than not having one at all.

I understand that. I'm not saying there isn't value in this plan, but I question that it's in the best interests of the village longterm, with what the mafia can do with combining their monies. And remember, we have two wolf teams, each of which will benefit greatly from the additional money. I think this plan underestimates what the mafia will be able to do with this advantage.

And that's besides the inherent flaws I pointed out in the process itself, how we would be betting today, but the actual vote happens tomorrow (today's votes may not end up the same as tomorrow, if people don't show up or someone changes their mind, or the lynch candidate convinces us to vote otherwise).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote