View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 12:05 PM   #1157
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Exactly, if I can afford to drop 450 on a Taurus Judge I can afford the permit.

Plus the cost can be more in line with a drivers license or less. A gun license, if required of everyone wishing to purchase a gun should be about ensuring guns are tracked and in the possession of law abiding citizens, not used as a revenue generator.

Also not out of the realm of possibility to have discounts for folks below a certain income level if this was a government licensing program. Hell, folks on food stamps pay $60 less for their medical marijuana certification than I do in my state.

In the story linked in Mass it costs $100 for a gun purchase license. If you are poor and feel the need to protect yourself, you arent buying a judge. We both know that. Maybe a Hi-Point or Cobra...in a 380 caliber is under $100. The permit costs more than the gun.

Last week I bought a Colt CQB...in that class Im not worried about a $100 permit.

I'm not against a purchase permit, with certain caveats, but my bigger point was some of the same folks in this thread called it racist and elitist when my state required a state ID to vote, an ID that they would give for free and provide public transportation to acquire, because it caused the poor people to take off work or fill out forms.

The right to bear arms is equally protected as the right to vote. I just dont understand how you can say one is oppressive and the other is perfectly fine while also maintaining that you have no intent of hindering or deterring legal ownership.

I disagree with the NRA on a lot of stuff. Im not a flag waiver there. I am a former member, not current for a reason.

My point was more about RM as a whole just throwing the racist argument out.

Last edited by CU Tiger : 11-14-2018 at 12:07 PM.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote